Monday, November 1, 2010

quiverfull documentary on australian tv

I know I said I was going to stop this but....

Have to embed this video here before it disappears. It contains interviews with Colin and Nancy Campbell, Vyckie Garrison and her daughter Angel.

They get some facts wrong but it's fascinating just the same.

I know I also promised not to be rude about fundies any more by, my goodness gracious, am I the only one who thinks Nancy has more than a few wallabies loose in the top paddock?



3 comments:

  1. I found Nancy to be chilling and creepy. I've never seen her on video before and I was really surprised. I was expecting someone who was very different. How is it that women follow her, I wonder? On the other hand Vickie and Angel came across as normal, logical people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, Kateri. Very. That cold, eyeless smile

    I posted earlier that when I was 19 and a brand new Christian, I took my poor, unsuspecting mother to a church mother-daughter event in the hope of getting her saved. Nancy was a guest speaker.

    As a young charismatic, I was used to overlooking a lot of silly mannerisms in the pulpit but I remember hunkering down in my seat and cringing the whole time Nancy was on stage. I was so embarrassed.

    It's funny how having someone from the outside there throws light on the silliness that's taken for granted when just those of us in the know are present.

    I do wonder that there are people commenting under the video taking Nancy's part. I realise it was lousy reporting but Nancy came across very much as I remember her. I don't think we can blame the editing for Nancy's weirdness. If people can't spot it, I think that's a serious concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad always used to yell at me when I squinted my eyes when I talked. He said people would think you were lying if you did it. After watching Nancy and her womb-one all I can say is EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

    She is totally creepy.

    ReplyDelete